What is Immportant To Prepare and Bring During Climb Mount Rinjani?
It is important that you are well prepared and equipped for the climb to Mount Rinjani To ensure your maximum comfort and enjoyment.
We suggest you to bring only what you need to bring while in Trek rinjani,the porter just brought all the cooking equipment, food and trekking equipment such as tents, mattresses, sleeping bed and a toilet tent, you just need to bring your own stuff.
Here is a list of things important to bring during your stay at Mount Rinjani. Everything should be packed in a small backpack of not more than 5 kg.
- torch/Flashlight/head lamp.
- Jacket(warm jacket and windproof jacket)and rain jacket.
- long trek pants(wind proof suggest).
- 2 or 3 T shirt.
- suitable trekking shoes.
- extra socks.
- swimming suite(for lake and hotsprings program).
- sun block/lotion.
- camera/handy cam.
- hat/cap and sun glasses(optional).
- spray for muscle/balm.
- extra trail snack(we supplay fruit and menu)
- tips for guide and porter(as your appreciate for them service).
THE AVERAGE TEMPERATURE RANGE AT MOUNT RINJANI
CRATER RIM 6°C-10°C (In the night after sunset).
SUMMIT TRAIL approxiamietly 4°C-6°C, and sometimes drop to as low as 1ºC if bad weather such as windy and fogy
AS FOR THE WEATHER ON THE MOUNTAIN, IT CAN RANGE FROM SUNNY TO MISTY TO FOGGY.
Things to Wear During Climb Mount Rinjani
Weather Usually Warm and Sunny
- Wear lightweight clothing like t-shirts and track pants.
- Wear covered walking/hiking shoes with good grip. (Sports shoe is adequate).
- Waterproof backpack to store your items. (If not, buy a rain cover for your backpack. Try to limit it to less than 6 kg. It would be a burden for you to bring more than that).
- A small lightweight towel.
- A 1500ml drinking water will be provided by us.
- Refillable 1 – 1.5 litre water bottle. Most climbers need only about 1.5-2L of water every day of the trek
- High energy food such as chocolates, nuts, biscuits, sweets, energy bars.
- Trekking/Hiking Pole
- Personal toiletries such as soap, toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Change of clothes and extra socks for sleeping.
- Ponchos or Disposable Raincoat (2-3 sets) or waterproof jacket in case of rain.
Night Trek to The Summit
weather Usually Cold and Windy
Your day pack with extra belongings can be kept at your tent(just bring your camera and bottle of water)
- Warm clothing is essential
- Waterproof Wind breaker
- Fleece jackets, long sleeves shirts, thick trousers/hiking pants, thick socks and good shoes.
- Head Torch. (Head torch is necessary as most of the time you have to hold the rope in the dark).
- Cap/Beanie/Head Scarf/Balaclava mask. (It will keep warm and protect your head and face from the cold wind).
- Gloves. (Waterproof gloves is the best, It will protect your hands from rope burn and cold).
- Small water bottle (500ml bottle is enough).
- Ponchos or Disposable raincoat or waterproof jacket in case of rain.
Additional Things You Wish to Bring During Climb Rinjani
- Medication such as painkiller or altitude sickness tablets, etc.
- Toilet tissue papers
- Sunglass, sunblock lotion, SPF lip balm, plasters
- Insect repellent
- Camera with waterproof bag
- Rubber sandals/slippers. (It can be used in the wet bathroom during your stay in lake and hot springs)
- Plastic bags
- Waist pouch. Waist pouch is handy during the second part of the climb as you could keep your camera and raincoat inside.
- Tips for guide and porter (as your appreciate for them service)
YOU CAN STORE YOUR BELONGINGS AND LUGGAGE BEFORE THE CLIMB AT THE OFFICE OF HERMAN TREKKER.
JUST PACK THE NECESSITIES MENTIONED ABOVE IN YOUR WATERPROOF BACKPACK FOR THE CLIMB. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE IN NEED TO HIRE A PORTER TO CARRY YOUR BACKPACK,YOU CAN RESERVE ADDITIONAL PORTER TO US WITH PAY $25/DAY.
Don’t hesitate to contact Us if you have any Questions About What you need to prepare During Trek To Rinjani.